Community Leadership Opportunity
Kids Up Front is committed to ensuring that a ticket never goes to waste. We do this by partnering with over 100 charitable organizations across Metro Vancouver, and by putting unused entertainment, arts or sporting event opportunities into the hands of kids and families in need.
Our ability to change a child’s life, one ticket at a time, is due in large part to the work and dedication of the Kids Up Front team in Vancouver; and we are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced community leader to serve as the Organization’s President.
- Network with other dynamic leaders on the board and within the sports, entertainment and arts communities.
- Lead a group which is focused on helping underprivileged kids and families.
- Spend more time building a healthy community and becoming more involved in your City.
The role and responsibilities of this senior volunteer position include
- Providing leadership to the Board of Directors as a key member of the Executive Team.
- Taking direct responsibility for the Executive Director and the day-to-day operation of the Organization.
- Taking a lead role (under the combined leadership of the Executive Director) for fundraising activities.
- Playing a key role in maintaining positive relationships with corporate partners, sponsors and supporters.
- Monitoring and ensuring execution of the Organization’s strategic plan.
- Experience as a President or Director within the charitable sector – preferably with a smaller, grassroots group.
- Experience in fundraising and/or business development.
- Business acumen, including strategic planning and financial analysis skills.
- Demonstrated community involvement in both the public and private sectors.
- An understanding of the role and responsibilities of charitable Boards, and the value of effective succession planning.
- Availability and commitment (including the time/patience for preparing and participating in Board and committee meetings; providing ongoing consultation with management; attending key events; and playing an active role in Kids Up Front Canada initiatives)
Term: two years
Questions? Contact: John Dalziel, Interim President Vancouver, National Chair email@example.com