Kick For Kids
Grab some colleagues and friends and put together a coed team; it’s a great way to get active at BC Place, home of the Whitecaps FC and host to international FIFA events.
The theme is fun and friendly and for a great cause, in support of Kids Up Front Vancouver proudly hosted by BC Place.
Whether you’re a beginner or weekend warrior, come on out, have fun and support kids in your community.
- 6 versus 6 coed (5 outfield players +1 goal keeper)
- 2 women must be on the pitch at all time per team
- Each team is allowed a maximum roster of 12 players
- 4 team round-robin group phase – each team will play a minimum number of four games
- Each game will last 20 minutes. No half-time or end changes
- BC Place’s field will be divided into 4 separate fields
- One referee per pitch
- Tiebreak format will be sudden death penalty shoot-out, no player can shoot twice until all other players have shot once
- All teams are asked to wear similar coloured shirts/jerseys while playing. Pinnies will be provided if necessary
- A $250 charitable donation receipt will be provided per team; alternatively team members can divide the charitable contribution equally based on actual contribution, i.e. 10 equal paying team members = $25
- First Aid will be on-site. Safety is a top priority. We stress this is a fun and friendly tournament. Any behaviour that does not comply will be cause for immediate eviction from BC Place.
- All participants must complete a waiver on the day during checkins. All players must complete and sign the waiver form and return it before entering the field.
- If you plan on driving, please see the map for parking options.at the following link. Alternatively the Stadium-Chinatown Skytrain Station is located just north of BC Place http://www.bcplace.com/visiting/parking
- Player check-in will take place one hour before the first game kick-off. Entrance will be through the east gate off Griffith’s Way
- Please bring refillable drinking containers
- Banquet Rooms will be available for changing and storing equipment/bags; washrooms will also be available for changing
- Each player may bring one guest/fan to cheer them on.
- Players will receive a burger and soft drink, (beef, chicken or vegetation) after the tournament. A cash bar will be available after the tournament in the Edge Water Lounge.
Rules of Play:
- Slide tackles are not allowed
- In the event of a referee issuing a yellow card, the player is ejected from the match and will serve an additional one match suspension
- In the event of a referee issuing a red card, the player will be eliminated from the tournament
- Players who are suspected of intoxication will not be allowed to participate
- Matches will begin and end on the referees whistle
- Referees have final say on all calls
- FIFA rules apply except no off-sides
- All participants are required to wear proper footwear/cleats (no 6 studs), shin pads, socks, shorts and shirt
- Substitutions can be made on the fly without notifying the referee